Bleaching hair might seem like a simple beauty process. I generally prefer treatments to be done by a professional hairdresser since there are chemicals involved. However, recently with restrictions and lockdowns, I’ve been bleaching my hair at home. Here are some simple tips I’ve learnt along the way to help with bleaching hair at home.
Reasons Not to Bleach Your Hair at Home
- Risk: No matter how much you advise yourself and buy good quality products, it is not the same to go to have a colour design made or to be attended by a stylist, a professional in that area.
- Uneven: If you apply ink or discolouration yourself, it may not be even, because you may end up applying more to a certain section and less product in other areas without noticing.
- Damage: Whentoo much is applied, especially with bleaching, the hair can be damaged. That can have negative effects over a longer period of time. Bleaching can also cause damage to hair folicals.
- Colour: Colorists know what products to use and in what way, so don’t expect to achieve the colour you see out of the box because you probably won’t get an exact match.
Bleaching from Home? Just be Careful and Understand the Points Below.
Thermal protectors: Whenever you use the flat iron, curling iron, or dryer, do not forget to put thermal protectors to avoid more damage. Use these devices as little as possible and remember that the iron is used at less than 170 ° C.
Moisturising masks: Before and after applying ink or bleaching, apply a hydrating mask to prevent your hair from looking dry.
Good products: Daily care is essential. Combine the use of good and appropriate products for your hair. Check with your stylist which ones you need and invest in them. Always use quality products.
I cannot deny that sometimes a makeover is just awesome. Therefore, here are some tips if you decide to bleach your hair at home.
The First Steps to Bleaching Hair at Home
1-Know exactly what you want to change
This is very important because many times, inventing new looks does not go well. Bleaching your hair will make you look totally different, so look for references on the internet of what you would look like. This way, you can have a perception of what the look, colour and style will look like for yourself.
2- If your hair is dark, do not use yellow
This should be prompted for everyone. In general, those who have dark hair and want to dye it a light colour generally does not look good. And this is because the pigmentation of the base of the hair is higher than that of the dye.
I recommend that you gradually degrade the color. This will be the only way to ensure that dark roots do not appear three months after you have dyed it.
3-Do not get carried away by fashions
Tips for Tinting the Hair
Normally, when trying to change your hair colour the first few times it doesn’t turn out the way you expect. If you feel that your hair does not have the correct colour you want, it is time to shade it naturally with these recipes:
Bleachig Hair with Coffee for brown hair
Bleaching your hair at home is a double-edged sword. If you think it was clearer than you expected, you should apply a little coffee to your hair. Among the main beauty characteristics of this food is that it allows you to colour any hair that has undergone different dyes effectively.
To do this, you just have to follow these steps:
- Wet your hair with lukewarm water.
- Add shampoo and clean it as usual.
- Then, remove the residue from the shampoo and add a cup of coffee to the length of your hair. You must wait 15 minutes for it to take effect and then remove the product.
- Perform this procedure three times a week to see the results in a short time.
Bleaching Hair with Black tea
If we talk about ways to color the hair, without a doubt, black tea is one of them. Applying this infusion is simple if you want to tint only the ends. Although its effects are very powerful, black tea does not work if you want to darken the top of your head. And this is because the scalp does not usually absorb water correctly.
Therefore, if you had a balayage and you consider that it was more yellow or orange than what you expected, you should follow these steps:
- Prepare a cup of this infusion.
- Wait for the temperature to drop and add the full cup to the ends of your hair.
- Place a clean towel on your ends and make the tea warm with the help of a hairdryer.
- Do this once a week, and in less than a month, you will be able to shade your hair color.
Check out more Beauty and Fashion articles posted by popular bloggers.